Segway Ninebot ES4
Segway is a highly ranked brand in e-scooter circles. The company is also well known for the manufacture of a wide variety of electric vehicles. for personal and commercial purposes. Now they’re probably most known for the Segway Ninebot S hands-free scooter. But they also have a traditional electric kick-scooter.
The Segway brand is known for products that can go faster and further, and the Segway Ninebot ES4 is no different. As the name suggests, this e-scooter is the 4th instalment in Segway’s ES series.
So is this the perfected version of the original? You could say that. Segway has definitely made some improvements, including extended range, faster max-speed, and longer battery life.
As Segway arguably introduced the world the self-balancing scooter, it’s a company that’s always looking to stay ahead of the curve. Let’s see if the Segway Ninebot ES4 is as good as we expect from Segway.
- Motor800 Watt
- Battery2 Li-ion batteries(internal and detachable)
- Distance45 km (28 miles)
- Recharge Time7 hours
- Speed30 kph (19 mph)
- Load Capacity100 kg (220 lb) Weight14 kg (31 lb)
- Tires2 tyres – 19 cm and 20 cm (7.5” and 8”)
- 12-month limited warranty
- Front light, rear light, side light
- Segway app integration
- Cruise control
- Anti-theft lock
- Dual shock absorbers
- Electrical anti-lock brake system
- LED display
- Dual batteries and powerful motor
- Portable. compact and easy to carry
- Long-range and good top speed
- Lights on all sides
- UL 2272 certified (electrical safety certification)
- 15 degrees slope grade
- Takes 7 hours to fully charge the two batteries
Design and Portability
Even if you are not an expert in design, you can trust Segway. They have years of experience in building e-scooters. They have got the construction, safety, and comfort right. The ES4 is a sleek electric scooter that not only looks good but is well-built too.
Like other scooters on the market, it’s portable. it folds in half where the handlebar meets the deck, making it easy to carry. It weighs 14 kg (31 lb), which is slightly heavier than other e-scooters in the series. So beware of this before purchasing. It’s fine for carrying short distances, but you wouldn’t want to carry it too far.
Its solid chassis can carry a maximum weight of 100 kg (220 lb), which is slightly above the market average for similar products.
Speed, Distance, and Battery
Speed, range, and battery quality are big factors in purchasing an electric scooter. The Ninebot ES4 performs pretty well on all three.
Its motor boasts an impressive 800 Watt peak power output and a nominal power output of 300 Watts. This translates into a max-speed of 30 kph (19 mph).
Interestingly, the Ninebot ES4 has two batteries. one built-in battery and one that’s removable.
The motor and dual batteries combine to offer a max-distance of 45 km (28 miles) on a single charge.
Additionally, the scooter has a power-saver mode that limits the max-speed so that the scooter can last longer and go further.
Though inclines are an uphill battle (excuse the pun!) for most scooters, the ES4 can scale a slope of up to 15 degrees while maintaining a decent speed.
Ninebot Electric KickScooter ES4 by Segway Upgraded Motor, w 2nd Battery, Pro E Kick Scooter Offroad | MaxStrata
With an external battery offering more power, an extended range and a higher top speed, the Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 is Segway-Ninebot’s premium model e-scooter, while still being portable enough to carry public transportation, store in your car or take with you just about anywhere. The Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 is equipped with an anti-lock electric brake system and an ergonomically designed mechanical brake to improve rider safety. The ES4 has an impressive 13 foot braking distance when traveling at 12.4 mph.
- Dual Batteries. With an extra Lithium-Ion battery and upgraded motor, ES4 boasts up to 800W of power. With a max speed of 18.6 mph and 28 miles range the ES4 can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Portable Folding Design. Ninebot KickScooter by Segway ES4 is sleek, lightweight, and it features a one-step folding system. Now our riders can carry the ES4 scooter on public transportation, store it in your car and take it to any destination you desire.
- Safe Comfortable Riding. Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with the large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort even when traveling at high speeds. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensures braking safety.
- One-step Folding System. Ninebot KickScooter by Segway ES4 is sleek, lightweight and features a one-step folding system. Now our riders can carry it on public transportations, store it in your car and take it to any destination you desire.
The Next Level of e-Scooters
Equipped with an internal and external lithium ion battery, the Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 has a nominal capacity doubling that of the ES2, so you can travel farther and reach your destination quicker than ever before. The extra power comes with controlled acceleration for a smoother ride and a cruise control option so you can ride in comfort. And thanks to the textured anti-slip handle, you’ll enjoy better grip and control.
7 Things to Look Out for When Buying a USED Ninebot Electric Kickscooter
The Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 battery is a powerhouse, clocking in at 374 Wh, with a nominal power of 300 and a peak power of 800. The battery is built with overheating, short circuit, overcurrent, and over-charge protection, ensuring hundreds of cycles without compromising max capacity. Each ES4 comes with both an internal and a removable external lithium ion battery.
The built-in LED display shows your speed and remaining battery life, so you always have the information you need. You can turn on the headlight by pressing the power button once, and the color of the rear and side lights can be customized to suit your style while providing increased visibility during low light rides.
The Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 has built-in front and rear shock absorbers to provide a smooth ride even at high speeds, and features electrical and mechanical brakes for increased safety. When traveling at 12 mph, the Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES4 can come to complete stop in 13 feet.
- 8(F)/7.5(R) Large Solid Non-Pneumatic Tires
- Dual Battery
- 18.6 mph Top Speed
- 28.0 Miles Range
- 15% Hill Grade
- One-step Folding Design
- Electric Brake Mechanical Foot Brake
- Front and Rear Shock Absorption
- Built-In Front LED Lights
- IP54 Water-Resistant
- Segway-Ninebot APP Connectivity
- iF DESIGN AWARD 2018
- “9 top tech gifts to give this year. (2019)”. CNN
- “The best electric scooters, e-bikes and rideable tech we’ve tested in 2019. ”. CNET
 Typical Range: tested while riding under full power, 165 lbs (75 kg) load, 77°F (25°C), 60% of max. speed on average on pavement.
 All KickScooter models could install the second battery. Some of the parameters would change in this case.
At MaxStrata, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to ensure the utmost satisfaction for our customers. We work hard to promote our promise by offering Express Shipping anywhere around the world, a full 30-day money back guarantee, and a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty for products.
Through MaxStrata, we strive to make innovative products available to everyone, anywhere, at a low cost. To fulfill our promise, we provide Free Express Shipping and Returns in the contiguous United States and Low-cost Express Air Shipping for our Hawaii, Alaska, and International customers. By instilling the MaxStrata Promise into our shipping practices, we are ensuring that you receive the quickest delivery time at the lowest price possible.
Change your mind about your purchase? No Problem! At MaxStrata, we ensure our customers a 30-day return period for any new and unused product for a full refund.
Is Charging Electric Scooters a Good Side Hustle?
By completing your purchase at MaxStrata, you guarantee yourself a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty on your product that will cover manufacturer defects not caused by the customer.
For customers living in Hawaii, Alaska, and outside of the United States, the customer will be responsible for paying for the shipping costs for returning the item back to MaxStrata within 30 days of delivery.
OEM Lamps are excluded from the one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. OEM Lamps carry a 90-day warranty from the manufacturer.
from this collection
QYSEA FIFISH V6 Expert Underwater ROV Drone. EP300 Bundle | The Ultimate Bundle with Electric 300M Tethered OPSS Industrial Case | MaxStrata
QYSEA FIFISH V6 Expert Underwater ROV Drone. MP200 Bundle | The OPSS Bundle with 100M Tether Spool Lightweight EPP Case | MaxStrata
QYSEA FIFISH V6 Expert Underwater ROV Drone with Robotic Arm. M200A Bundle | 200M Tether Spool Industrial Case IncludedArm | MaxStrata
Is Segway Ninebot Kick Scooter ES4 Worth The Money?
I’ve studied at a few different components of the Segway Ninebot Kick scooter ES4, to make sure it held up to the standards in terms of safety and durability under testing.
I love how fast the Segway Ninebot ES4 got when I turned on sport mode. This scooter has a normal mode for everyday riding, but when I wanted to kick it up a notch, the sport mode allowed me to get up to almost 19 miles per hour, or 30km per hour.
I do find that going downhill, the scooter could go slightly faster, but I wouldn’t recommend trying to hit record-breaking speeds, as it started to feel slightly unstable. On steeper terrain going uphill, the scooter could not hit 19 miles; however, it did not go slow by any means.
The range of the ES4 impressed me as the scooter goes up to 28 miles, or 45 kilometers, before it needs to be recharged. I found it last all week without needing to charge up again for shorter distances needing to be traveled daily.
The Segway Ninebot ES4 also had one of the higher inclines ranges I encountered when reviewing electric scooters, though it did start to fail past 15 degrees. In a city with a lot of hills, this may not be the best scooter for you.
The Segway Ninebot ES4 is fitted with dual 800w, lithium-ion batteries, which are internal and external. Compared to some, this allows the scooter to go much longer and further than earlier models.
The maximum charging time is longer compared to other scooters. At 7 hour maximum charging time, it’s a little long for on the fly charging, but you get a full charge overnight.
The battery protection is a great feature that protects the scooter from overheating and short-circuiting, keeping it safe to charge indoors and without supervision. I feel comfortable charging it at night or when away.
The mechanical and electrical braking system of the Segway ES4 allowed for fast braking, even at higher speeds. This is probably the feature I am most impressed with as it definitely feels safer than some others I’ve used.
The brakes have the ability to stop within 13 inches when going 12 miles an hour. It did take a little longer to stop when going faster, but being able to stop shortly is a necessary feature in traffic.
The scooter is also fitted with a slip-resistant surface that allows you to feel secure when standing on it. I like the LED rear and front lights. The front lights were bright enough to allow me to see at night, even when riding at higher speeds. The rear lights I found to be great to let others know that I was there if coming up from behind.
I find the Segway Ninebot ES4 to be fairly durable in terms of normal wear and tear and collision. The thick tires do well on the pavement and do not seem to face much wear, even after a good amount of use.
The ES4 is built using high-strength, lightweight aerospace-grade aluminum alloy. Meaning it holds up against a lot. It seemed to hold up against damage that occurs in cities, such as bikes falling onto it.
The scooter weighs in at 39.7 pounds, making it lightweight enough to transport it when you are not riding the scooter. Those who regularly need to carry the scooter though may find it cumbersome, as while it does great for short distances, it did start to get heavy after a while.
The scooter also does require maintenance, like any other machine. After a while, the wheels starting to stick and the springs making a squeaky sound. After doing a bit of research, I’ve applied a 20,000 CST silicone oil, which seemed to do the job well.
The Segway Ninebot ES4 has a lot of features that you might be interested in.
- Wheels: The wheels on the ES4 are large, solid tires that save on maintenance time. They hold up for a long time, and when needing to be replaced, you can easily find replacements from Segway.
- Tires: The tires are also easy to inflate if they start getting low on air. All I have to do is plug in the vacuum!
- Suspension System: This scooter’s suspension system is great for balance and comfort. It has front and rear wheel shock absorption that allows for a smoother ride, even at its high speeds.
- Lights: It comes with both rear and front LED lights, that allow you to see and be seen at night. The light colors are also customizable, which was a fun added feature that added to my personal style. I did find the front light to not always be light enough for night riding.
- Extra Features: I really enjoy that the scooter is Bluetooth capable which connects to an app for anti-theft features and light customization. It limits the buttons on the scooter, allowing for a sleek design.
- Handle Bar: The ES4 is equipped with a textured, anti-slip handle, which helped me to maintain grip and control while riding it.
- Anti Theft: The Bluetooth feature allows you to download an app to your phone for mobile app connectivity. I love this feature as it gives me peace of mind while I left the scooter unattended for short periods of time.
Segway Ninebot ES4 Electric Kick Scooter Buying QAs
I found while reviewing the scooter, many people had similar questions about the Segway Ninebot ES4, that are not always advertised. I’ve collected some QAs so you don’t need to worry.
Is the Ninebot ES4 waterproof? Can you ride it in the rain?
This scooter is water-resistant, not waterproof. It is rated at IP54 for water resistance. It holds up against puddle splashes and light rain just fine. The larger tires help grip the sidewalk even when they are slick.
This scooter should not be used if it is raining heavily, nor should it be left out in the rain. I don’t find that to be a big deterring factor though. After all, who really wants to ride a scooter in a downpour?
Can you take it off the pavement?
While the Ninebot ES4 can go all around the city on cobblestones, pavement, concrete, and asphalt, this scooter is not an all-terrain scooter. With the tire tread and the suspension on the scooter, I would not recommend this one if you are looking for a scooter to go on dirt paths. I suggest looking elsewhere if this is a deal-breaker as the ES4 is not able to handle them.
Is the Segway Ninebot ES4 Foldable?
The Ninebot ES4 is not only able to fold, but it is also extremely easy to do so. It has a one-click folding system that is incredibly easy to use. It folds down fairly small, making it simple to carry on to the bus or fit in the trunk of a car.
What is the difference between the ES1 and ES2?
Two other models I’ve ever known were the Segway ES1 and ES2. Both had a significantly shorter range than the ES4, at 15.5 miles before needed charged. They both come at a lower price point than the ES4, and they have fewer features.
The ES1 has a maximum speed of 12.4 miles per hour. The ES2 has a maximum speed of 15.5 miles per hour. Compared to the ES4’s 18.6mph, both go significantly slower. They also both stop at an incline of 10, compared to the ES4 which goes up to 15.
I ended up loving the Segway Ninebot ES4 Kickscooter. I found it to be safe and fun at the same time. Add that to great battery life and a durable frame, and I found myself very impressed with the ES4. I also appreciated the extra features the ES4 comes with, and found the scooter to be a good option for those looking for a short commuting scooter.
Do you still have more questions on the Segway Ninebot ES4 electric Kick scooter or on the other best electric scooters out there?
Let me know in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Hey! I’m Jacob. a superfan of electric vehicles. I like exploring the speed and enjoying the wind during riding. I’ve even made my own skateboard successfully by following some great resources on YouTube. So I think it’s time for me to share my knowledge with you all here at GuideCool.com
Get Exclusive Buying Tips
Learn how to find better products with exclusive tips and insights that I only share with my private newsletter subscribers.
RECENTLY REVIEWED GUIDECOOL
Copyright © 2023middotGUIDECOOL.COM, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
GUIDECOOL.COM IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM. AMAZON, THE AMAZON LOGO, AMAZONSUPPLY, AND THE AMAZONSUPPLY LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF AMAZON.COM, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE WE EARN AFFILIATE COMMISSIONS FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
Segway Ninebot ES4, with Second Battery
Experience greater power, range, and speed. Equipped with an internal and external lithium ion battery, the Segway ES4 Kick Scooter has a nominal capacity of 374 watt-hours, doubling that of the ES2, so you can travel farther and reach your destination quicker than ever before. The extra power comes with controlled acceleration for a smoother ride and a cruise control option so you can ride in comfort. And thanks to the textured anti-slip handle, you’ll enjoy better grip and control.
Dual Batteries For the Best Performance
The ES4 is Ninebot by Segway’s premium model KickScooter. It boasts up to 800W of power, significantly more than ES1 and ES2. This enhanced power level delivers extended range and quicker speed, while still being foldable and lightweight.
With a top-speed of approximately 19 mph (30 km/h), and a typical range of up to 28 miles (45 km), the ES4 can take you just about anywhere you want to go!
Depends on riding style and terrain.
Test Condition: tested while riding under full power, 165 lbs (75 kg) load, 77°F (25°C), 60% of max. speed on average on pavement.
LED Front and Rear Light
Be seen and stay safe in low light conditions.
Provides maximum riding comfort.
Ensures an efficient, responsive braking safety.
- Dual Batteries: With an extra Lithium Ion battery and upgraded motor, ES4 boasts up to 800W of power, with a top-speed of approximately 19 mph and a range up to 28 miles. The ES4 can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Safe Comfortable Riding: Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with the large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort even when traveling at high speeds. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensure braking safety.
- Portable Folding Design: With a total weight of 30.9 lbs. (14 kg) and featuring a one-touch folding system, the ES4 can be quickly collapsed for convenient storage at home, in the office, or in the trunk.
- Technology Superior: With a LED display, Bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, customizable ambient light colors, and mobile app connectivity for additional security and firmware updates, the ES4 combines performance with luxury.
- Product Dimensions: 40 x 17 x 45 inches ; 30.9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 33 pounds
- ASIN : B07TNCWY82
- Item model number: ES4
- Batteries 2 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)