Best Fat Tire E-Bikes
The Fat Tire e-bike (or just fat ebike for short) is the dune buggy of the bicycle world. These are literally go-anywhere all terrain e-bikes. They’ll handle anything from city streets, to sandy beaches, to deserts and snow trails, and the great outdoors generally. The are “ all weather” and in windy conditions you will love their stability.
Fat ebikes look like fun and they are fun. And they are great for any purpose, from casual tooling around the neighborhood to serious hunting.
What makes the fat tire ebike different from other e-bikes is its large volume, low pressure tires. itself, These are generally around 4 inches wide and prevent the fat bike from sinking into sand or snow and give it great traction. It is also great for feeling confident in higher speed turns on regular road surfaces. Fat tire e-bikes also generally have sturdier frames than other e-bikes
Plus, an often overlooked benefit of the fat tire on the fat tire electric bike. certainly in a commuter or cruiser electric fat tire bike. is that it can often eliminate costly front and rear suspension systems. This is because the tires themselves provide a great cushioned ride.
Remember: when choosing any e-bike, please consider the other important factors beyond its style explained in our E-Bike Buyer Tips.
Electric Bikes For All is your number one source for Fat Tire E-Bikes. You’ll find only the Best Fat Tire E-Bikes on our website. With full customer support, including lifetime expert advice, and a guaranteed low price, you can feel confident buying your Fat Tire E-Bikes from Electric Bikes For All.
Order your Fat Tire E-Bikes today from Electric Bikes For All to get Free shipping on all of our Fat Tire E-Bikes. Order today for your chance to win a special promotion free gift! See product page for more details.
Fat Ebike Kit 1000 watt Waterproof Connectors
This kit can transform a fat bike into an electric monster ebike. Fat bikes look awesome but suck to pedal because of all the extra friction the 4-inch tires cause. Adding an electric motor solves this dilemma.
With a 52v battery you can reach speeds of 28mph and climb almost any hill.
The waterproof connectors make this kit possible to ride on the wet sand on the beach and not even worry if your bike get wet. You just hose off the salt water after riding. We have ridden hundreds of miles on the sand for years without any motor failing. (read electric fat bike creations)
The motor has temp probes and the controller will shut down if the motor gets too hot. saving your motor from overheating and being ruined. Cheaper ebike kits don’t have this feature.
Installing this hub motor kit is a one hour project. The motor is quality tube controller without the wiring rats nest that most Chinese controllers have. It puts out 25amps on a nice slim package that can be easily zip tied to any frame (see photos). Literally the hardest part of installing this kit is taking off your old tire and installing on the new rim. For extra easy installation you can add with a fat tire and innertube already installed. Also think about getting one of our Luna Cycle triangle bags for making battery installation a snap. (read article about where to mount battery)
This kit uses quality waterproof connectors that make really solid and easy connections. No soldering required with this kit and installation is a snap. The small sexy controller is not an eyesore and can be mounted easily on the bike. This is not a cheesy ugly ebike controller (see our artice on the ebike wiring rats nest.) If anything ever breaks you can easily unplug it and replace it without messy soldering or wire splicing.
Regarding battery Options
This kit comes with everything you need to convert your bicycle minus battery and charger which you can add now or later.
Any of our 36, 48 or 52-volt batteries will work with this kit.
52 volts will get you more power and higher top speed at about 28mph.
A 48-volt battery will get you a little less power and top speed of 24mph but will be more reliable.
Once you have picked the voltage then you just need to pick the size. The higher the AH the farther the battery will take you. A 10ah battery will give you 25 miles on average and a 20ah battery will got you 50 miles. ah means bigger in size, more weight and harder to mount.
We have a few battery options you can select with the kit. but we suggest you look through our entire battery selection to get a battery that suits you best.
Both front and rear have threads for a freewheel and can be used on rear. The only difference is the axle width.
Front motor: Axle is a 135mm wide axle which will fit on most bike forks. We highly recommend you use torque arms if installing on front fork. This same motor could also be switched over to a standard bike later if you wish since 135mm is standard for rear on a normal bicycle.
The 135mm size (front) will fit on the rear of fatbikes that are 150mm or narrower. Otherwise you will need kit option with a wide 170mm axle for rear installation, this is the one marked rear. (front or rear option may be hidden if out of stock). Total axle length 202mm, 14mm diameter, 10mm at the flat spots.
Please note that having threads on a front does not mean you got a rear, both front and rear have threads for freewheel.
Installation and Important Documentation
- Front hubmotors, we recommend using a torque arm (or two). See this link for what a torque arm is.
- It is not advisable to use a front hub with suspension forks, we recommend using a rear hub if you have a suspension fork. It will not break suspension fork to use front hub but it will wear out the seals faster.
- After hubmotor installation it is recommended that you check spoke tension, tighten spokes if needed, and recheck tightness after the first few rides. All wheels should have spokes checked but handbuilt is better, generic option is machine laced from the factory which is not as high build quality as our hand-laced wheels using quality Alex rim, DT Swiss spokes and Spoke Prep. If you want the best wheelbuild out of the box you want the custom wheelbuild option.
- Compatibility note: The 1/2 hubmotor spacer is for use with single speed sprockets. If you do not have a single speed sprocket you do not need this.
- Lead time: For wheel builds please add a few days extra to our usual lead time
- SET DISPLAY TO 5 FOR KIT TO WORK. HOLD UP BUTTON AND SET BUTTON AT SAME TIME, NUMBERS ON DISPLAY WILL FLASH, SET THIS FLASHING NUMBER TO 5.
Highly recommended reading- documentation for using our batteries with this kit:
VOLTSTEED Electric Bike, 1000W 48V/15Ah 20 x 4.0 Fat Tire Ebike
Have questions?Our world-class Customer Experience team is here to answer all of your questions.
Call: 1(833)481-180Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm, ESTEmail: email@example.com
- Battery 48V 15Ah 720Wh Samsung/LG lithium battery
- Range 35~50 Miles
- Total Payload Capacity Max 330 lbs
- Front Light 48V 2.4W 280LM LED light
- Display 28.55 inch LCD display with USB charging
- Brake 180MM Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Freewheel Shimano 7 speed gear shift system
- Front Fork Alloy front suspension fork with lockout and adjustment
- Saddle KNUS soft saddle
- Crank 170mm forged alloy
- Hub Motor 750W 56N.M brushless gear motor
- Charger US standard 2.0 A Smart charger
- Weight 57lbs
- Rear Light Integrated Taillight
- Brake lever Aluminum alloy comfort grip levers with motor cutoff switch
- Throttle Half twist throttle
- Chain KMC chain
- Tires 26 x 4 Kenda fat tires
- Seat Post Diameter 30.4mm length 300mm
- Stem Promax MA-400 SSABK
Voltsteed has the right without notice to the consumer to substitute components of at least equal quality for advertised Voltsteed ebike components in the event of the unavailability of such advertised components.
A: What is the brightness of the headlights and the lighting distance?Q: Voltage 48V, power 2.4W, lumens 280LM, irradiation distance is 5-8 meters
A: What is the frame load weight?Q: 150KG
A: What is the suitable height range for users?Q: Recommended height range 1.5-2M
A: What is the torque?Q: 56N.M
A: What is the size of the gauge？Q: 8.75.3cm
A: What is the pure electric mileage?Q: Pure electric cruising range 55KM
A: How much is the assist mileage?Q: Assisted mileage 80KM
A: What is the front fork travel parameters?Q: 50mm
A: What is the padding in the seat cushion?Q: Polyurethane
A: What material is the tire rim and how wide is it?Q: Aluminum alloy material and diameter 220mm, width 90mm
Addresses to which we ship: We ship across CONUS and currently cannot ship to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
Shipping time: It takes up to 3 weeks to process your order, and another 3-5 days for the order to arrive at your door. In the rare cases there may be a slight delay in shipment and you do not receive your order within 14 business days, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping cost: All our bikes comes with free shipping across CONUS.
Signatures Required: Due to the high value of ebike, we offer signature required shipping method at your service, which we charge 10 per bike. The shipping carrier is instructed to obtain a signature before delivery and should not leave packages unattended. Although starting with the COVID-19 pandemic, shipping carriers may obtain visual confirmation that the recipient acknowledges receipt of the package as an alternative to obtaining a physical signature.
Shipping Carriers: Voltsteed ships using FedEx
No Responsibility for Loss, Theft, or Damage:Please note we are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items due to the actions or inactions of FedEx or any other parcel service. In case your order gets lost, damaged, or stolen in transit, feel free to choose Signature required shipping method or ROUTE service at checkout.
ROUTE is available at checkoutAdd Route Package Protection at checkout to unlock full package protection and seamless resolution for order issues. If something goes wrong with your protected order, you can report an issue by filing a claim.
- If you refuse delivery of an order that you asked us to ship to you, we reserve the right to charge a flat fee of 200 per ebike to partially cover our shipping costs；
- Order cancellation request submitted within 24 hours are exempt from restocking fee;
- Returns of new and unused items within 14 days of receipt, we charge 200 restocking fee per bike;
- Returns of used Items within 14 days of receipt, we charge 200 restocking fee per bike;
- Returns of defected items within 14 days of receipt or authorized return by our Customer Service team are exempt from restocking fee;
To cancel a placed order, please contact us at email@example.com within 24 hours after you place the order. We should cancel your order and refund you within 2 business days.
If you would like to cancel your order after 24 hours you place the order, it’s likely that your bike has been shipped. In this case, we will contact the courier on your behalf for a return. Please note there will be a restocking fee of 200 (per unit) charged.
After we have received your returned package and confirmed that the package is complete and the product is unused and in good condition. we will perform a refund (less 200 restocking fee when applicable) in 5 business days.
We offer free returns within 14 days of delivery. To return an ebike that is not defective or damaged, you must contact Jopi Co. Ltdwithin 14 days of your receipt of the ebike. The ebike must have less than 10 miles on the odometer. and in perfect working condition. i.e. be free of any wear and tear, dirt, dust, fragrance, or any other signs of use and must be in the same packaging and condition that you receive it and must include all items that were inside the box (charger, pedals, bell, front rear reflectors, headlight, toolkits (9 tools in total), user manual, quick start guide etc.).
You must receive prior authorization and a prepaid return shipping label from Voltsteed. Warranty issues must be resolved prior to processing a return. Returns are not allowed 14 days after the delivery date.
Any item returned with an order that used a discount code will have the entire discount code value subtracted from the refund value, whether you return one ebike or multiple ebikes.
Refunds will be made after the Ebike is received and inspected.
Process. To initiate a return, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with [RETURN REQUEST] and your order number in the title for faster processing Please ship all approved returns using the shipping label provided during the return merchandise authorization process.
- Pre-Orders and Backorders and Pre-Order/Backorder Cancellations. Our backorder process is for ebikes that have already been available but are temporarily out of stock. For all pre-orders and backorders, your credit/debit card will be charged immediately. There will be no delay in payment collection, regardless of when the item is expected to ship.
- Accessory and Replacement Parts. Any purchase of accessories or receipt of a replacement part under the Limited Warranty shall be eligible for return within 30 days of receipt. Returned accessories and/or replacement parts must be unused, free of any wear and tear, dirt, dust, fragrance, or any other signs of use, and must be sealed and unopened in the same packaging and condition in which you received it. You will be responsible for paying for shipping both ways and will be subject to a twenty-five percent (25%) restocking fee.
- Non-returnable/non-refundable Items. Used Products, batteries, special orders, sale items, gift cards and gifted orders shall not be returnable except in EXTREME cases of breakage/malfunction covered by our warranty. These cases must receive approval for return from the company. “Built and Delivered” fees are nonrefundable.
Non-returnable Items Include, But are not limited to
- Product from Unauthorized Reseller
- Damage caused by humans
- Special orders
- Sale items or gift cards
- Quality issues: Full or partial refund according to the situation.
- Received wrong goods: Free exchange or full refund.
- The package cannot be delivered or missing: Free resend or full refund.
- Customers refuse to accept the package: 200 restocking fee per item will be charged. The customer needs to pay an extra 200 to initiate a resend.
For returned items or items for exchange, we will need 5-7 business days upon receiving your item(s) to process the request and inspect the merchandise.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your returned product(s). If approved, you will be refunded via your original payment method within 5 business days. Please keep in mind your bank or credit card company may take additional time to process the refund as well.
How Fast Will it Go?
The 1000w Bafang Ultra Mid-Drive Motor was deliberately chosen because it’s a beautiful feat of engineering. When 1600w of peak power meets 160nm of torque, amazing things happen. Traveling over flat terrain, an average sized rider can easily hit 30mph using the thumb throttle. Top speed on a pedal-assist version of the same bike will be slightly less.
When we set out to design the RidgeRunner, we knew we wanted to make the most powerful and capable bike that we could possibly dream up. In short, we’re proud to say we succeeded. Not only that, we crafted it specifically for rugged off-roaders and deep-woods hunters to use in their most ambitious pursuits. With 120 millimeters of rear suspension travel and 150 millimeters of travel up front, when paired with the 4.8-inch fat tire, the very edge of the map starts to feel like home.
Together the electric motor and rugged frame are designed to be loaded down with our full suite of accessories from the rugged two-wheel cargo cart to a stuffed-full pair of pannier bags. With the right mindset and enough grit, you can pack out an elk and be home in time for dinner.