Himiway Cruiser Battery Pack
This 48V, 17.5 Ah (840 Wh) Lithium-Ion battery pack with genuine Samsung/LG cells offers the best in class range and performance. The battery securely mounts to the base. It can be removed easily without disconnecting any wires to charge indoors or to switch to a fully charged battery for extended riding.
- Weight: 9 lb
- Total Battery Capacity: 840Wh
- Easy to Install: Lockable and removable
- Brand: Genuine Samsung/LG 35E cells
- Indicator: In Built-in charge level indicator
The battery cannot be returned. You can view our full return policy.
Please write your bike frame number and battery serial number in the note.
I was very glad to be able to get a new battery for my Himiway Cruiser. I had some vandals help me out there by trying to pry the battery apart. While it still seemingly works (those batteries are pretty tough) I am unsure about its waterproofing now. Good to note that if you leave the bike anywhere for a long time, take the battery with you.
Great product, Great quality! With this battery you won’t have to worry about running out of power, it gets to where you want to go!
How long does it take to receive a battery if I order a second one?ncohcohchoclhclhcohxyoclhclhcpychlchlcphdlhxhlclydoydlhcljdpydlhcjlcoydoyxlydlydyodlyflydoydlufluflufpufpufluflufph
Very quick shipping! Couldn’t have expected any quicker! 6 days for the bike and 5 days for the battery!
We LOVE our Cruisers! My wife and I have put over 700 miles on our Cruisers riding 2-track trails in the Colorado rocky mountains. I’ve had several issues with my Cruiser, but I would definitely buy another Himiway. We have been riding some steep and dusty trails, so I was not surprised when my motor had to been replaced at 500 miles because it was making noise. Customer service was very helpful and covered it under the warrantee. I’ve also replaced the brake pads twice, but that’s by choice. I do not wait until they are fully worn out. We don’t have the long-range batteries, we carry an extra battery. I suggest you DO NOT buy a generic battery pack, they do not have the same power or range of the Himiway batteries. I’m looking at the full suspension next.
Waiting to see if I can get a key! Then I can replace the battery pack. I ordered the key but not hearing anything about it.
The battery is very powerful. A full charge gets me over 40 miles of very hilly terrain. I personally think that there should be a more secure attachment mechanism to prevent theft. The locking plunger is easily retracted with a screwdriver or knife even after it’s locked. I found that out the hard way. This needs immediate improvement to prevent theft of the 500 batteries.
Himiway Cruiser Battery Pack
- Self Pick-up Reservation
- Become a Test Ride Spot
- Help Center
- Refer a friend
- Become Our Dealers
- Dealer Portal
- Find Himiway Dealers
- Veterans Welfare
- VIP Tiers
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.
- United States CanadaDeutschlandLa FranceNederlandUnited Kingdom
- United States CanadaDeutschlandLa FranceNederlandUnited Kingdom
E-Bike Battery Pack Market Size Share Analysis. Growth Trends Forecasts (2023. 2028)
The E-Bike Battery Pack Market is Segmented by Battery Type (Lithium-ion Battery, Lead Acid Battery, and Other Battery Types), Battery Pack Position Type (Rear Carrier, Down Tube, and In-tube Battery Pack), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America). The report offers market size and forecast in value (USD million) for all the above segments.
E-Bike Battery Pack Market Size
Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it’s growth?
E-Bike Battery Pack Market Analysis
The e-bike battery pack market is valued at USD 8.74 billion, and it is expected to record a CAGR of 13.33% over the next five years.
In 2020, the e-bike battery pack market witnessed a steady downfall in global demand due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Governments across the nations issued strict policies and regulatory frameworks to lower infection rates. However, on a microscale, the pandemic had a positive impact on electric bike sales. The growing health concerns resulted in more sales of e-bikes. For instance,
The motor and battery are the two key components of an e-bike. Choosing the right battery pack plays a crucial role in purchasing an e-bike. The battery is also the costliest component of an e-bike. Currently, there are 24V, 36V, 48V, 52V, and 72V batteries available for e-bike applications.
Most legal electric bike kits use a 36V battery, and the more powerful motors may use a 48V or even a 52V battery. For very high-performance e-bikes, voltages can go up to 72V and beyond.
Over the long term, growing e-bike sales, a rise in e-bike sharing services, government initiatives to promote electromobility, and new launches of battery packs are expected to result in healthy sales of e-bike battery packs.
Key players are launching new products to address the growing market for e-bike battery packs and gain more market share. For instance,
- In July 2022, Appear Inc. launched new graphene battery packs in 36V, 48V, 60V, 64V, and 72V ratings for E-Bikes, E-Scooters, and Pedelecs.
- In July 2022, UK-based e-bike conversion company Swytch launched its new e-bike conversion kit.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific was predicted to be the largest market for e-bike battery packs due to the widespread adoption of e-bikes, many major cities offering e-bike sharing services, Rapid urbanization, growing traffic congestion and vehicular pollution, the large presence of battery OEMs, and growing usage of e-bikes by E-commerce and food delivery companies for last-mile delivery applications.
Europe is predicted to be the next biggest market for e-bike battery packs due to the rising sales of e-bikes, growing health consciousness amongst the general population, and the growing tendency to use e-bikes for adventure activities like mountaineering.
Thus, the confluence of the aforementioned factors is expected to produce significant growth in the e-bike battery pack market.
E-Bike Battery Pack Industry Segmentation
An E-bike battery pack is a rechargeable battery pack used to power e-bikes. Batteries vary according to the voltage, total charge capacity (amp hours), weight, the number of charging cycles before performance degrades, and ability to handle over-voltage charging conditions.
The E-Bike Battery Pack Market is Segmented by Battery Type (Lithium-ion Battery, Lead Acid Battery, and Other Battery Types), Battery Pack Position Type (Rear Carrier, Down Tube, and In-tube Battery Pack), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America). The report offers market size and forecast in value (USD million) for all the above segments. The report also offers the market dynamics, latest trends, size, share, and industry overview.
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
E-Bike Battery Pack Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the E-Bike Battery Pack Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand for Lithium-ion Batteries
It is anticipated that, between 2021 and 2023, more than 130 million e-bikes (using all battery technologies) will be sold. In 2023, e-bike sales are expected to top 40 million units worldwide. The majority of the e-bikes sold each year used heavy lead-acid batteries. Over the forecast period, about two-fifths of all e-bikes sold globally are anticipated to feature lithium-ion batteries, with the proportion of lithium-ion batteries-powered e-bikes starting at about 25% in 2021 and rising to more than 60% during the forecast period.
E-bikes have efficient motors and the largest integrated batteries. Even then, for longer rides, the demand is unmet. To address this challenge, an additional e-bike range extender is being launched in the market so that the biker does not have to worry about the battery status. For instance,
- In February 2022, Priority Bicycles launched a range extender for its Current range of e-bikes. The range extender is a 500 kWh battery and will double the bike’s standard range to 64 kilometers and 80 kilometers if used on lower power.
Although e-bikes batteries were produced mainly by established players in the past, many small and medium companies have also started using innovative methods to create more durable batteries to compete in the highly competitive market.
Key players are working to enhance the overall range and performance of the battery by launching new batteries. For instance,
- In September 2022, Bosch released its new race-oriented drive system, the Bosch Performance Line CX Race Limited Edition. In Race mode, the new system will have up to 400% support of the rider’s power, meaning riders can get up to speed faster.
- In September 2022, Yamaha Bicycles launched the updated Yamaha PW series S2 drive unit with 75 Nm torque. The new motor offers 7% more torque, 16% weight reduction, and 20% less volume than the previous generation PW-ST motor.
Thus, the aforementioned factors are projected to propel the market for e-bike battery packs market over the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Hold Major Market Share
In 2021, Asia-Pacific was the largest market for e-bike battery packs. China has contributed to more than 50% of the Asia-Pacific e-bike battery pack market during 2018-2020, owing to its high consumption of electric bikes, to tackle heavy traffic conditions and growing vehicle pollution in the country.
China is the global market leader for e-bikes and e-bike components, especially the battery. The players in the market are constantly investing in RD capabilities and production capacities to stay ahead of the competition. For instance, Contemporary Amperex Technology, Tianneng Battery, and Shenzhen Topband are adding extra production lines for LFP (lithium iron phosphate) batteries, majorly for e-bicycle applications.
The COVID-19 outbreak led to a sharp rise in the demand for electric bikes in China. The MaaS or mobility-as-a-service concept is gaining traction in China, and bike-sharing players such as Meituan’s Mobike put several electric bikes on roads to cater to the rising demand in 2021. Bike-sharing companies are collaborating with battery makers to swap discharged and faulty batteries at dedicated kiosks. Investments are being made to strengthen charging infrastructure, and the use of technology such as artificial intelligence is helping predict demand more precisely.
In addition, Japan remained the second most potential country for e-bike battery packs in the Asia-Pacific region. Major factors driving the growth of the market in the country are the expanding customer base across all age groups and the penetration of electric sports bicycles.
Thus, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to remain the largest market for e-bike battery packs in the world due to the above factors.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
E-Bike Battery Pack Industry Overview
The e-bike battery pack market is moderately consolidated, with major players holding most of the market share. Some of the major players include Bosch, Liv Cycling (EnergyPak), Panasonic, Samsung SDI, and Shinamo Inc. These companies are engaging in new product launches, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions to expand their business activities and cement their market position. For instance,
- In September 2022, the US-based e-bike company Optibike launched a 2,500W electric bicycle motor that claims to have the highest power-to-weight ratio in the world.
- In July 2022, ZappBatt and Toshiba signed a partnership agreement to develop long-lasting e-bike batteries using ZappBatt’s proprietary AI software and Toshiba’s lithium titanium oxide (LTO) battery cells, which will make lithium titanium oxide to be faster, smarter, and more cost-effective battery system.
E-Bike Battery Pack Market Leaders
Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
E-Bike Battery Pack Market Report. Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5.1 Battery Type
- 5.1.1 Lithium-ion Battery
- 5.1.2 Lead Acid Battery
- 5.1.3 Other Battery Types
- 5.2.1 Rear Carrier
- 5.2.2 Down Tube
- 5.2.3 In Frame
- 5.3.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 Egypt
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 E-bike Battery Pack Manufacturers
- 18.104.22.168 Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
- 22.214.171.124 Yamaha Corporation
- 126.96.36.199 Yoku Energy (Zhangzhou) Co. Ltd
- 188.8.131.52 Kingbo Power Technology Co. Limited
- 184.108.40.206 Liv Cycling
- 220.127.116.11 Shimano Inc.
- 18.104.22.168 Panasonic Industry Europe GmbH
- 22.214.171.124 BMZ GmbH
- 126.96.36.199 Mahle GmbH
- 188.8.131.52 Varta AG
- 184.108.40.206 Johnson Matthey
- 220.127.116.11 Solaremobility (Fotona Mobility)
- 18.104.22.168 Enerpower
- 22.214.171.124 Giant Bicycles Co. Ltd
- 126.96.36.199 Merida Industry Co. Ltd
- 188.8.131.52 Riese Muller
- 184.108.40.206 Fritzmeier Systems GmbH Co. KG (M1 Sporttechnik)
- 220.127.116.11 Yamaha Bicycles
- 18.104.22.168 Trek Bikes
- 22.214.171.124 Cannondale Bicycle Corporation
- 126.96.36.199 PON Bicycle Holding BV
- 188.8.131.52 VanMoof BV
- 184.108.40.206 Coboc
- 220.127.116.11 Ampler Bikes
- 18.104.22.168 Cowboy
- 22.214.171.124 Desiknio
- 126.96.36.199 Accell Group NV
- 188.8.131.52 Cycle Europe AB
- 184.108.40.206 Decathlon SA
- 220.127.116.11 Cross Ltd
- 18.104.22.168 Multicycle (Kross SA)
- 22.214.171.124 ZEG
- 126.96.36.199 Prophete GmbH u. Co. KG
- 188.8.131.52 MarkenTechnikService GmbH (MTS) Group (Merger of Inter-Union Technohandel GmbH and SPA SystemPartner GmbH Co. KG)
- 184.108.40.206 Specialized Bicycle Components Inc.
- 220.127.116.11 Manufacture Française du Cycle (MFC)
- 18.104.22.168 Scott Sports
- 22.214.171.124 Cube GmbH Co. KG
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list? Get Price Break-up Now
Which 18650 battery is best for an e-bike?
There are a lot of different 18650 batteries on the market, and it can be tough to know which one is best for your e-bike. In general, you’ll pay attention to a battery’s capacity (mAh rating), discharge rate (C rating), and compatibility with the e-bike’s controller.
In this article, we delve into the 18650 battery in more detail, battery specs, and how to identify the best 18650 battery for your e-bike.
What is a 18650 Battery?
A 18650 battery is a lithium-ion battery that can be recharged. The 18650 designation comes from the physical dimensions of the battery, which are 18 mm in diameter and 65 mm in length. The 0 represents the cylindrical shape of the battery.
18650 is one of the most common types of lithium-ion batteries. They are used in a wide variety of devices, including laptops, vapes, flashlights, and light electric vehicles.
Light electric vehicles such as e-bikes prefer 21700 and 18650 batteries.
How to Choose the Best 18650 Battery for Your E-bike
When choosing battery packs for your electric bike, you’ll want to consider the main factors:
The capacity of a battery is measured in milliampere-hours (mAh). The higher the mAh rating, the more energy the battery can store. A higher capacity lithium-ion rechargeable battery will give you a longer range on your bike. A higher capacity also means that the battery will take longer to charge.
Continuous Discharge Rating
The discharge rate of a 18650 battery for an e-bike is measured in terms of continuous current (C). A higher C rating means that the battery can provide more current for a longer period without being damaged.
Higher Continuous discharge ratings are important if you’ll be using your bike for high-performance applications, such as racing or off-road riding.
It’s important to make sure that the 18650 lithium-ion batteries you choose are compatible with your bike’s controller.
Other factors that can guarantee you a good pack of li-ion for your e-bike include:
18650 e-bike cell manufacturers
Some 18650 battery brands are better than others in terms of quality and performance including continuous discharge rating.
There are many brands of 18650 batteries from reputable manufacturers, such as:
Panasonic 18650 lithium-ion batteries are among the most popular on the market. They are known for their high quality, good prices, and performance.
LG Chem 18650 is also very popular. They are known for their high energy density and long life.
Samsung 18650 is common in laptops and other devices. They are known for their high quality and reliability.
Sony 18650 is also common in laptops and other devices.
CATL is known for manufacturing high-quality 18650 lithium-ion. They are among the best batteries on the market with good prices.
BYD is a Chinese battery manufacturer. They are known for their good quality and competitive prices.
Toshiba 18650 li-ion are also common in laptops and other devices. They are known for their high expectancy and more power.
A123 Systems is known for its high-quality 18650 li-ion. They are used in a wide variety of applications, including electric vehicles, digital cameras, and vaping devices amongst other devices.
18650 battery chemistry
The chemical composition of 18650 batteries is very important in choosing a rechargeable battery. The chemical composition includes:
Each of these chemistries has its advantages and disadvantages.
Lithium iron phosphate (FePO4) is the most stable of the four chemistries. It has a very low rate of self-discharge and is not susceptible to thermal runaway. However, LiFePO4 has a lower energy density than the other chemistries.
Lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide (NCA) lithium battery comes with a high power density and good stability. It is one of the most popular battery types on the market. It is quite affordable with a low continuous discharge rating.
Lithium nickel cobalt magnesium oxide (NCM) batteries are the most popular type of lithium battery on the market. They are affordable, have a long cycle of life, and are very stable. NCM is available in a variety of voltages, ranging from 3.6 volts to 4.2 volts.
The 18650 e-bike battery voltage
18650 batteries come in a variety of voltages. Your choice of 18650 e-bike battery voltage will ultimately depend on the voltage of your bike.
The e-bike battery voltage you choose will also affect the amount of power your bike has. A higher voltage battery will give your bike more power, while a lower voltage battery will give your bike less power.
Features of the 18650 battery packs for e-bike
Some 18650 batteries come with built-in protection circuits Multi-function Protective Circuit Board (PCM). PCM is used to protect the cells from overcharging, over-discharging, overcurrent, and short circuits.
Overcharging protection: When the cell charging voltage reaches a certain voltage, the charger will stop supplying current to prevent overcharging.
Over-discharge protection: When the cell voltage drops below a certain voltage, the device will stop using the cell to prevent damage from over-discharging.
Overcurrent protection: If the current exceeds a certain A, the PCM will shut down the circuit to prevent damage from overcurrent.
Short circuit protection: If a short circuit is detected, the PCM will shut down the circuit to prevent damage from a short circuit.
Cell balancing: The PCM will equalize the voltage of all the cells in the pack to prevent one cell from being over-charged or over-discharged.
Temperature protection: The PCM will shut down the circuit if the temperature gets too high to prevent damage from overheating.
The price of an ebike battery can vary depending on the brand, capacity, discharge rate, and other features. Choose the battery that fits your budget and needs rather than just an expensive battery.
The durability of the 18650 battery for the e-bike
The 18650 should be of high quality and durable. This will save you money in the long run as you will not have to replace it often.
The battery should also be able to withstand extreme temperatures and maintain the bike’s power. This is important as the battery will be exposed to different weather conditions.
The Tritek 18650 e-bike battery pack can withstand temperatures as low as.20 degrees Celsius and as high as 60 degrees Celsius. This makes it a great choice for those who live in areas with extreme temperatures.
X-Treme 36V/48V Electric Bike Battery For Rubicon and Sedona. Pre-order only price guaranteed
For Rubicon and Sedona 36 Volt Electric Bike
LiPo4 Lithium 36 Volt 10 Ah Complete Battery Pack for the X-Treme Rubicon Sedona Electric Mountain Bicycles.
For Rubicon and Sedona 48 Volt Electric Bike:
Replacement 48 Volt 10.4 Ah LiPo4 Battery Pack for the X-Treme Rubicon Sedona Electric Mountain Bicycles.
Estimated shipping and delivery is 5-10 days business days if the product is in stock.
X-Treme products come with a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects. The X-Treme frame comes with a lifetime warranty. You can view the X-Treme warranty by clicking here.
X-Treme has a 15-days return warranty. You can view the return details by clicking here.
Click here to view X-Treme’s full line electric bike collection
Click here to view our Electric Bike Buyer’s Guide.
UrbanBikesDirect.com goal is to fulfil your order within 3 hours of your purchase. By Achieving this we have the quickest shipping times in the industry.
Our goal is to keep the ordering process as simple as possible. Shipping times vary from 1-3 business days if in stock and delivery time varies between 3-10 business days if your product is in stock.
All ebikes are shipped domestically.
Select Electric Skateboards can have extended lead times if they are located overseas and not in stock in the US.
Please read through this instructional guide so you can understand how the process works and what you should expect to happen once you place your order with us.
Tracking an Order
UrbanBikesDirect.com will send you automated tracking updates once we receive the tracking number for your order. You can also track your order by clicking here.
- You will receive an order confirmation email as soon as you place your order. This means that we have authorized your credit card for the purchase and are preparing your order for shipment.
- As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our warehouse to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
- If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via email.
- If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
- If your order is stock and your credit card is approved by our fraud guarantee department, the bike ordered will ship within 1-2 business days from the date of your order.
- We will send you the tracking information within 24 hours to the email address you provided when checking out.
- We ship daily via UPS Ground, Fed Ex Ground, and Freight to the lower 48 states. Most all orders will ship the same day as ordered if the order is submitted before 1pm PST (some exceptions apply, some part freight orders may not ship until the following day).
- Some parts orders and freight shipments are subject to ship the following business day if the order is placed close to the 1pm cut off time.
- Shipping costs are included with any unit going ground to the lower 48 states. AK HI ship by AIR at additional cost.
- We do not offer Cash On Delivery.
- A phone number is required by the freight company so a delivery appointment can be made.
- Failure to provide this at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without an appointment.
- A delay in delivery may also cause additional storage fees to accrue that will need paid prior to delivery.
- Customs, Duties, and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customers responsibility to know the legality of the electric bike ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our electric bikes to your country.
- As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you order. Please contact your local customs office for information.
- To avoid a delay in receiving your order from customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by customs when your bike arrives. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to the sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs.
- We will deduct all additional fees resulting from refused international shipments from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
- If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package. If we do receive the package back after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.
- We ship via UPS and Fedex for most electric bikes, USPS for small parts and accessories, and freight for large bikes.
- If you don’t receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order confirmation, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please inspect the packaging of your items when they arrive.
- If there are any bike damaged upon arrival, you can file a warranty claim to get replacement parts for anything that’s damaged.
- If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
- All orders canceled are subject to an administration fee equal to 15% of the total order amount, whether or not your order has shipped. This is a fee that covers administrative and personnel fees.
- If your item is on backorder and you accept the backorder, we will hold your payment until the bike ships. If you decide to cancel before a backorder arrives and is processed for shipping, we will not charge a fee.
- If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
- From time to time, a bike may run out of stock at our warehouse and the website wasn’t updated when you placed your order. In that case, we will send you an email right after you place your order notifying you of the backorder, what the expected time for arrival is, and what substitutes are available in case you are interested in getting a bike sooner.
- The expected arrival time may change due to unforeseen circumstances like a shipment getting held up at the port upon arrival or the factory missing a certain part needed to complete the manufacturing process.
- If the arrival time changes on your order, you can let us know whether you would like to keep the order, substitute for a different electric bike, or cancel the order altogether.
- Once back orders arrive, we will notify you by email with your estimated ship date and you will receive an email with tracking information within 1-3 business days.
This section will give you the essential information about what to expect with the delivery of your item. If you purchased one of our large and heavy items your item will ship freight LTL will be delivered via a lift gate truck.
Important Freight LTL Shipment
How to Handle Damages, Exceptions or Discrepancies at time of Product Delivery (Carton packaging appears to have some damage such as ripped, holes, large dents, open carton, or items are missing):
- Carton damage requires visual inspection of contents of the unit.
- UrbanBikesDirect recommends IMMEDIATE inspection, with driver present, to verify damage. If contents are damaged, indicate damage on carrier’s paperwork and notify UrbanBikesDirect immediately.
- IMPORTANT: If contents cannot be inspected immediately, notation on carrier’s paperwork must state: “Carton damage, subject to inspection” and list type of damage.
- Contents must be inspected within 48 hours of arrival and actual damage reported to the carrier
Carton packaging has excessive damage with the exposed electric bike:
- Refuse shipment
- Sign carrier paperwork: “Carton damaged and refused”
- Notify Urbanbikesdirect.com immediately.
If you have any further questions about the ordering and shipping process, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org